Wordpress is a state-of-the art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards and usability. wordpress is both free and priceless.
More simply, word press is what you use when you want to work with blogging software.
It is a blogging application and it started in 2003.
It is a open source software project i.e It is easy for us to use and it does not matter who you are or where you're located.
It is free for end user i.e you and I to use, Developer can customise it and examples of open source are Firefox.
It is Powerful and easily customisable.
There are three different way of using wordpress
1. To create a free account on www.wordpress.com, by using this website you can set up a personal opinion blog e.g For your social organisation, community organisation, church organisation e.t.c.
2. Download the latest version of wordpress and install it on your existing account. e.g Download wordpress 2.9.2
3. For Local Installation of word press: Install and run word press on your machine the actual local computer.(Mostly used by experience developer)
It contain PHP files that are assembled in the web server to compile into html pages, to use in server page technologies to serve up the page used for a blog.
The application of wordpress of a blog
1. To create regular post.
2. Setting up chronological order of post.
3. Allowing for the ability of your visitors to come.
4.Used to create traditional website with a static pages; i.e no post, no comment e.t.c
5.It is used as a substitute for traditional html editor like dream weaver, where you do not need to know a lot of codes.
Content Management system: If you set up a web in an organisation and you want your colleagues to post content in it but not mess up with the formatting.